Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Africa the Motherland

AFRICA THE MOTHERLAND
Africa the motherland, everybody can love you;
from a distance.
I heard the other day,
thieves were scurrying on the roof just after midnite.
People here want your soil, just to be
grounded.
The politicians there are self-aggrandisers; knowing not
how to be rooted.
They drink the life sap of the land to its death,
narcissistically.
A million were killed in 3 months,
and the world gawped.
The holocaust will forever be
remembered and 9/11.
Who are you?
I see your hands stretched out, perpetually.
Who loves you, Africa?
The 'dark continent'.
An old map in Germany, perhaps before
cartography,
named you for 'Barbaria'.
I see the blue oceans of peace and the
dancing workers.
They don't care, if someone dies.
Other lives are cheap, not their own.
You're an embarassment.
I hate you Africa;
but love you in a horribly, twisted way.
08/21/2010
Jason Dhanapalan
15H15 EST.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jason, I'm glad you started the Blog. I know you have much to share. Stan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you writing and sharing. "AFRICA THE MOTHERLAND" I like this one. Good stuff...keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete