Thursday, October 21, 2010

Poverty and Lies


Poverty and Lies
'The truth shall set you free', is the saying.
'Freedom isn't free' is a saying.
Give me freedom which isn't free, but that;
...
chained to responsibility.

I told a lot of lies when young, in the presence -
of my peers.
Poverty hurt my self-esteem which wanted to,
wear this perpetual cloak.
My friends knew, I suppose in retrospect.
They respected me too much to hurt.

Silence and 'hakuna matata' followed.

That's the tragedy of the poor.
The unlimited thoughts of the mind,
and the mental forays into joyous fictionality.
Endless possibilities are dreams; who knows
when to wake up and realize them; hopefully.

'The poor are blessed', is a saying.
I live free now.
I live carefree, in the land of the FREE.
Now, truthfully for no one holds a
microscope.

I think, the issue - is
power...
I'd rather have poverty in spirit;
I co-own a kingdom.
I am free and brave - for I can
look at myself and
not look away.

Jason Dhanapalan
06H00 EST 08/10/10
NC, Raleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment