Thursday, January 30, 2014

Because I Love You

Because I Love You
I knew the first time I beheld your smile
I knew the first time I heard you laugh
I knew the first time I heard you commune
with the Most High,
that we were meant to be together.

What a road its been.
More ups than down I surmise
but I'm glad that we're together 
weathering those storms and 
strengthened by it.

I think of those lost and forget when
I see my blessings before me.
Its not a forlorn existence but 
a meaningful overflow,
that together we've brought into being.

Decades may pass, but the memories 
are fresh, like yesterday.
How can I live without you.  I can't.

I'm sure I would die not knowing what to do.
'Cos you're my sextant when my 
fossil fire dies.
My water in the desert.
Sparkling diamonds in the grass
after the snow raising my spirit.

Everyone is not abundantly blessed as I am
to have someone as you.

As you celebrate this milestone, I am here
and glad to have you with me
on the road oft' traveled.  Ne'er alone 'cos
I love you ever and 
always. 

Together, we'll leave a legacy
and our footprints.
That's who we are.


Jason Dhanapalan
Your loving husband
Nancy's Birthday
01/31/----
Happy Birthday, now and always

No comments:

Post a Comment