Monday, November 15, 2010

For Zahra and the babies

FOR ZAHRA

The life of a fighter snuffed out,
like a candle half-burned.
The radiant smile like a 'Mexican Wave'
plucked at my heart and echoed a tune,
that endeared me to you.

Children are the heritage yet so hated,
'twill leave us all with nothing,
for tomorrow.
Women too, with fruit - have appointments
to slice and dice and pay.
But, whose choice?
The scales, the judgement - GUILTY!

A life lived in pain; hair loss, leg lost.
But greatest pain was 'Et tu?'
reaching up to silence the vibrance
with mens rea convinced.

Animal, beast - you're the fittest...
for now, and time will come when the shoe...
is on the other foot.
Your soul's lost as judgement's sealed,
for murder of the innocents.

Mom, dad... Why?

My bones are rolling in the gravel
and uniting with the dust.
My blood is crying out from the soil.
Whose choice?  Whose choice?

My voice speaks out, louder than ever...
from beyond the grave.
Can anyone hear me singing, gurgling happily?
They once closed their minds and
battened their ears like hatches.

My laughter echoes through the walls.
Hands now cannot be washed,
ever.


Jason Dhanapalan
03H20 EST
11/15/10

No comments:

Post a Comment